The IMVU Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The IMVU Roleplaying Forum

An archive for RP resources, and a forum for the discussion of IMVU RP

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charter on the Rights and Duties of the DM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anna-Serpantha
Dungeon Master
Anna-Serpantha

Charter on the Rights and Duties of the DM Empty
PostSubject: Charter on the Rights and Duties of the DM   Charter on the Rights and Duties of the DM I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 pm

-----------------------------------------------------

Section A: The Rights of the DM

These rights apply exclusively to the game which is the design of the DM. For example, a roleplaying room owned by the DM or a roleplaying group which is owned by the DM.

I. I have the right to set the rules and standards of the game.

II. I have the right to enforce the rules and standards of the game.

III. I have the right to remove players who refuse to abide by the rules and standards of the game.

IV. I have the right to appoint Co-DMs to help me enforce the rules of the game.

V. I have the right to change the rules; should it be necessary for the continuity of the game or to avoid exploitation of the players or the game itself.

VI. I have the right to appoint moderators to help me enforce the rules.

VII. I have the right to terminate moderators should they fail in their capacity as moderators, however that may be.

VIII. I have the right to remain the DM of the game even if my character is not the in-game leader of the realm, party or otherwise.

IX. I have the right to create a group, forum or other deposit for the rules, lore and any other information pertaining to the game.

X. I have the right to seek advice and support from other DMs if I should so require or desire it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Section B: The Responsibilities of the DM

These responsibilities apply to the DM not only as the owner of the roleplay, but as a fellow player to others involved in the game.

I. It is my duty to enforce the rules of the game fairly.

II. It is my duty to remove players who violate the rules to the extent that they are spoiling the game, or degrading the experience for other players.

III. It is my duty to ensure that no players are permitted unfair advantages over others.

IV. It is my duty to set the standard by abiding by the rules and correcting myself if I should break them.

V. It is my duty to adhere to the rules imposed by other DMs when I am within their game.

VII. It is my duty to educate players of the rules of the game and to offer clarifications and guidance when confusion arises.

VII. It is my duty to make the rules of the game available for players to view and review as necessary, be it through room information, group pages or otherwise.

VII. It is my duty to ensure that my moderators are unbiased and fair in their enforcement of the rules.

VIII. It is my duty to remove or demote corrupt, biased and unfair moderators.

IX. It is my duty to listen to the concerns of the players with regards to anything game related; such as accusations of unfair moderation or potential loopholes being exploited within the rules.
Back to top Go down
http://avatars.imvu.com/Serpantha

Page 1 of 1