The IMVU Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The IMVU Roleplaying Forum

An archive for RP resources, and a forum for the discussion of IMVU RP

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna-Serpantha
Dungeon Master
Anna-Serpantha

Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations Empty
PostSubject: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:30 am

The purpose of this topic is to discuss what the rules and regulations of the forum should be. We should stick close enough to the rules in the previous forum, but since we now have an AP section the rules will have to be modified slightly.

Current proposals/suggestions received with regards to rule changes

- Remove the "ban" on posting logs.
- Loosen the baiting rules; just because someone bites doesn't make it bait etc.
- Appoint different moderators than the ones from the old forum.
- Remove word filters, or at least remove them from the AP section - effectively lifting the ban on 'skirting' the forum filters.
Back to top Go down
http://avatars.imvu.com/Serpantha
Amphilicite

Amphilicite

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:49 am

I am all for removing any filters for the AP section... I always found that to be a bit odd in AP.  

I agree that the baiting rules are a titch much at time since as you said, a bite is not always 'bait'.  That said, I think we should keep something in regards to direct personal attacks as I have found over the years that ad hoc attacks to lead to tears.  Open to what others think on this of course as that is my personal experience and option from said experience.

I have never had an issue with posting logs, even though I tend not to be involved in live rp that requires them anymore.

As for moderators... I would say those that are good with keeping conversations going [in addition to mod duties of keeping folks in line when need be and all that]... thus a mix there depending on the number of folks that end up here.  

I am sure I will have more to add as time allows but that is my thought off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=91179266
Aegenia

Aegenia

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 am

1. I can see the loosening up a little bit to not be to much of an issue. Though to keep things in having some kind of decency and to help prevent a discussion from degrading into a mess. I would keep an eye on the personal attacks.

2. I like the idea of no filter in the AP section. It makes sense for the GA section, but having that filter also in AP doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

3. I would say it should really matter as long as they have a decent grasp on what is being talked about and are as unbiased as possible. Turning the blind eye when there is a clear issue is not healthy.

4. Posting logs if I understand that all. Those could end up being rather lengthy. I do know that there are certain features on this forum that allow things to be collapsed. So maybe have that in play? You are allowed to post your logs if you need to for a discussion, but use these tags so people are not having to scroll through your 50 page log to see what else is being talked about.

Last edited by Aegenia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification on Point #3)
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=157666728
Anna-Serpantha
Dungeon Master
Anna-Serpantha

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 5:10 am

Yeah, the filter in the AP section seems pointless. We're all adults in that section anyway and I'm sure that nobody will abuse it.

Direct personal attacks won't be acceptable, but yeah we could relax the baiting rules just a touch.

As for logs, agreed that they should be collapsed if they are long. We have the spoiler option for that, so it won't be a problem.

One more thing, I'd never advocate a solid blacklist, but I have seen people trolling the hell out of the new forums and it might be in everyone's best interests if people were allowed to link mods to this sort of behavior on IMVU. At least then mods can be made aware of potential future issues.
Back to top Go down
Amphilicite

Amphilicite

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 am

There is some serious trolling going on - at the moment seems to be a person or a couple of folks in the suggestions topic at the moment. Not a blacklist per se (hate them as a general rule) but more of a heads up list as you mention sounds like a good plan.

Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=91179266
Anna-Serpantha
Dungeon Master
Anna-Serpantha

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 5:44 am

The list would be kept in the moderator forums; much like the help room moderators had a "BOLO" (Be on the look out) list in the old forums to keep them in the loop about potential issues.

Regular users would not see it, so it would not be naming and shaming. It'd purely be a way for mods to keep track of potential issues.
Back to top Go down
EtherialNeko

EtherialNeko

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Filters mods etc all seems fine to me.
Personally I'm not so sure on the baiting rule, but then it depends on each individuals perception of what and where has been too harsh.

I've personally seem many cases of people calling out others, but, because they didn't technically use their name, it didn't count as callouts.
It happened a lot, and people were hurt, so it became a rule.

Same with baiting. While one person may not think going "*Facepalm* Do you seriously just...believe that?" is offensive and perhaps comical, in most cases, it makes people feel hurt and stupid when it's never really necessary to do that. The idea is to be educating and helping each other with information.

So I guess it depends, for me personally, where the lines have been crossed for people.

Back to top Go down
Anna-Serpantha
Dungeon Master
Anna-Serpantha

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Maybe we could have a discussion about what constitutes a line being crossed.

I don't see the above "face-palms" expression as baiting; to me that's just someone being blunt and direct.

Some people are sensitive and others are not, but we can't have separate sets of rules for everyone. A lot of people will have to learn to "suck it up" if they are very sensitive because any mods appointed here are certainly not going to indulge crybabies and issue warnings over nothing.
Back to top Go down
EtherialNeko

EtherialNeko

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 pm

It's not so much the facepalm itself, as that can be comical and what have you, it's the long drawn out implication that the person you re talking to is stupid, and doing it publicly.

As in *Facepalm* Wow I just....wow, did you seriously just say that?

Stuff like this, often posted without any substance or teaching in reply, just causes upset, aggression, and fights in my experience. Though the odd facepalm can be harmless, making the person you are talking to feel stupid whilst not educating them is usually pretty uncool, and though people can toughen up, things like that can often lead to bigger disdains and aggressions that can escalate into harder to manage problems.

for some, anyway, like I said, the facepalm itself isn't so bad, I think it's more the execution and what follows, I hope that makes sense. I think it's a good idea to discuss what people think is and isn't crossing the line regarding information and things.

Also I sent you a message! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anna-Serpantha
Dungeon Master
Anna-Serpantha

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 8:58 am

Yeah, when it gets drawn out then it becomes an issue.

However, I know certain regulars from the old forum do not like each other for various reasons. We may need to put the cards down on the table about that and have a reasonable discussion about it all.

Sooner or later I'll have to start appointing some mods. I'll try to pick people who won't be biased in their judgements, but since these forums aren't run by IMVU staff there won't be the same criteria for mod selection.
Back to top Go down
EtherialNeko

EtherialNeko

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 pm

I don't know what you mean about the cards on the table I'm afraid.
I think maybe posting outright why they don't like each other would likely end in fights.

"Well she doesn't like me because something upset her a long time ago and will never ever ever change her mind!"
"Well SHE made fun of my character on the forums in public!"
"She made a stupid character and tried to make me look bad when I told her it was stupid!"

^ Made up scenarios, not referring to anyone specific.

I don't know if really talking about it publicly would change anything.

Everyone on the IMVU RP forum seems to have at least one person disliking them or has at least one person they dislike. The important thing is professionalism and recording.

The mods need to be splitting posts and keeping records of what they mod to keep a unified log of what has been done, so if "that mod just hates me and is picking on me for no reason!!" Comes up, there's clear evidence or wrongdoing either way Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations   Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Forum Rules & Regulations
Page 1 of 1